DIY glass cover and background

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thebluyak

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well this is my 55 gallon planted discus tank in the making. I didnt have a top because it originally was a bearded dragons tank. For my top I first measured and drew out what I wanted on paper. Fortently my mother does stained glass so all of this was free to me. If you have specific questions please let me know. For the background I just used rustolum hammered black paint.
picture0012iz.jpg

picture0048cu.jpg

picture0068qm.jpg

picture0078on.jpg

picture0083nj.jpg

picture0096nt.jpg

picture0117rc.jpg

picture0124vg.jpg

The best part is that the glass is a smokey tint so it helps to dim the light without interfering with the light needed for the plants. overall because the glass wanted to be a PITA trying to fit because my tank molding is not straight it took two days working around 2 hours a day. I am very satisfied with it and it was 100% FREE!

Ryan

Just wondering - a bit off-topic.
Is that desk going to be the tank's stand, or is it just temporary for the building project?

Corners have been resealed and wiped down in viniger. For the holes where the XP3 tubes come down I used a diamond embedded glass saw blade, and a grinder. No this is going in my apartment when I move in in june. For now its just a thing to get a visual idea of where I want to go with it. So its temp.

Back
Top Bottom