DIY Help - plastic backstrip on glass aquarium cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JPA

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just received a glass cover for my 75 gallon tank. It was missing one of the plastic strips you attach on the back of the cover (the one that allows you to cut out shapes to fit your filter intake, etc.), and for various reasons I can't return it or get a replacement.

Does anyone have any advice on how to make my own? In particular, making one that can attach to the glass without glue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is a picture of the type of cover. Thanks!!!!

51dHV1KVBoL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I just received a glass cover for my 75 gallon tank. It was missing one of the plastic strips you attach on the back of the cover (the one that allows you to cut out shapes to fit your filter intake, etc.), and for various reasons I can't return it or get a replacement.

Does anyone have any advice on how to make my own? In particular, making one that can attach to the glass without glue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is a picture of the type of cover. Thanks!!!!

View attachment 324616

I'm pretty sure you can call the manufacturer of the lid and get the back piece from them or find out what distributor they use to buy from them.

Back
Top Bottom