DIY "hood"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishieKeeper429

Aquarium Advice FINatic
A user on this forum by the name of Scottyhorse, gave me a great idea that I think everybody should know.
I have a 3g tank on my bedside table with a Betta in it. I didn't have a hood for it and the water was evaporating so I asked for tips.
Scottyhorse then replyed saying to go to Home Depot, cut a piece of plexiglass into the shape of the top of my tank, drill holes for air and light and place it on top! This genius idea is defiantly getting used by me and I had to share it!

A user on this forum by the name of Scottyhorse, gave me a great idea that I think everybody should know.
I have a 3g tank on my bedside table with a Betta in it. I didn't have a hood for it and the water was evaporating so I asked for tips.
Scottyhorse then replyed saying to go to Home Depot, cut a piece of plexiglass into the shape of the top of my tank, drill holes for air and light and place it on top! This genius idea is defiantly getting used by me and I had to share it!

Nice! Did you end up making one?

Thats what im doing with my 150g. My dad is a contractor and the people he works for are throwing away piles and i mean piles of 5'x30" pieces of acrylic. So they let him have two pieces if it.

Thats what im doing with my 150g. My dad is a contractor and the people he works for are throwing away piles and i mean piles of 5'x30" pieces of acrylic. So they let him have two pieces if it.

So jealous right now. First you go to Sea World and now you get free acrylic! :p

Do you think you could have her take you to Home Depot and you could pay for the piece of plexi glass? They are only about $3.

:whistle: One of my friends mom is somewhat like that too. Says that ghost shrimp are too expensive but then gets something more expensive..... Lol

That literally my mom all the way around. She is buying herself clown fish ($30+) but she can't buy me a GS (25 cents) :p I don't get it!

So jealous right now. First you go to Sea World and now you get free acrylic! :p

Sea world is definitely really fun to go to btw. I went there as well as disneyworld in Florida. Though I still prefer six flags and Hershey park over dw. My school actually gives away free six flags tickets for everyone who reads at least 100 mins throughout the whole school year. So I get to go to sf every summer ;).
Though I don't get free acrylic XD.

I need a clear hood for my 90 gallon tank. How would I cut the material?

I'm assuming a circular saw would work ar maybe even a drummer but I'm not sure... Also try doing work for you neighbors for money. The way that I make my tank money I by mowing lawns when I can, shoveling driveways, and washing cars. You'd be surprised how many jobs you may be able to find this way!:)

I'm assuming a circular saw would work ar maybe even a drummer but I'm not sure... Also try doing work for you neighbors for money. The way that I make my tank money I by mowing lawns when I can, shoveling driveways, and washing cars. You'd be surprised how many jobs you may be able to find this way!:)

I don't have a neighbor. I live above a restraunt.

Back
Top Bottom