Diy internal overflow question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

000trick000

Aquarium Advice Activist
View attachment 246661 just wondering if anyone has seen or used an internal overflow like this. I am new to the hobby and it looked like an easy diy overflow to do.Looks like about a 1 1/4" PVC with a 1/4" slot cut down the middle. Attached by bulkheads on both ends. This looks pretty cool if it would work, plus it would skim more surface area across the tank. The only thing I would do different is run the cuts the other way. Use a 1/4" cut every 1/4" and go about 3/4" deep so it doesn't just skim the surface. I don't see why it wouldn't work
I was just getting ready to do a diy overflow for my tank 46 gal fowlr with 2 -3/4" bulkhead overflows into a 20 gal long sump. It looks like you would eliminate any chance for fish getting into your overflow. Don't know about snails tho, I'm not an expert, it's my first saltwater tank. My main like for this kind of overflow is I don't really care for the ugly boxes that are mounted to the side of the tank and my tank will also be viewable from the front and back( I'm putting it in a wall) so I just want it as clean looking as possible

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom