diy jello co2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOMA

Aquarium Advice Addict
anyone ever done this before? im considering doing it because its supposed to last longer than the normal diy co2. im planning on using a 1 gallon tea jug so it should last extra long.

heres a link to one thread about it on another site:
A Jello CO2 Thread

thanks,
joma

I haven't but it looks legit. I've just started my first planted tank. My wisteria is growing like crazy but mother plants are just there.

Never tried it, but I think 3 months is a stretch. Rex talks later on how he was getting 30 days out of the mix BUT he was using wine or champagne yeast... which has a higher tolerance for acid. I think for the hassle and the cost of making the jello, I would just go with a 2 bottle regular diy system, use champagne yeast (available on the internet on the cheap), and alternate switching the bottles out every week (so each bottle runs a total of 2 weeks). This creates consistent high yield results, and only takes about 5 minutes of maintenance a week.

Nice..will try that....Any good DIY suggestions on this?

mines been going for a good 2 weeks now and is running great. i have it going into my filter intake and my ph lowered from 7.6 to 6.6 so it is working. i did it in an ice tea gallon jug so im hoping it will last a while

wondering if all the Co2 going to the biofilter is an issue... I have been wondering this since I did it... BB needs oxygen and we are pumping Co2 in....

but its minuscule co2 really, you figure the water is filled with oxygen and we are pumping very little co2 in

Actually, good theory, so we have both going into the filter, but it won't suffocate the bacteria.....

the bubbles that come out of the filter are always very small, which is perfect!

Back
Top Bottom