DIY LED Light help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbannie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm interested in making my own LED setup for my tank. I have a 30 gal tank (36" long) I already have corals, even one sps. I want to make something that will support all corals. I'm having trouble finding where to buy the lights! I've found the bulbs that screw into a regular socket...if I were to use those how many would I need on my tank? They are over $100 each! I've seen people use the small bulbs (1watt or 3 watt) and arrange them into a lighting setup....where do you buy them?

go to the link in my signature of my FW tank..I made the lighting over it and it was originally designed for a reef tank.

Ok found it....so how do you calculate how many bulbs you would need?

Chances are they would... but they might, and probably will, fuel nuisance algae. You are better off going with a higher quality manufacturer who is trusted and has been used before. I have another build in my signature. Let me know if you need any help, I did tons of research into LEDs.

What about those bulbs that look kind of like flood lights? How do you figure out how many you would need? Have you ever looked at the Evolution LED setup? Seems like each option is pretty costly.... I might wait till I get my bigger (permanent) tank ;)

Back
Top Bottom