Diy lighthood/canopy advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishontheRock

Aquarium Advice Freak
Im Going to be building a lighthood for my 15g. I have two t8 fixtures meant to be built into a cabinet to use. I'm not great with a hammer but can follow instructions.

I have no power tools so I'm hoping for something with limited cutting!

FishontheRock said:
Im Going to be building a lighthood for my 15g. I have two t8 fixtures meant to be built into a cabinet to use. I'm not great with a hammer but can follow instructions.

I have no power tools so I'm hoping for something with limited cutting!

When I built my tank stand, I got my list together, and have it to a local privet owned lumber company. They pulled everything, and cut all the wood for me, all I had to do was take it home and assemble.

You will likely want something better then perfect if doing the trim and precision work of a hood. Check CL

Bkmrsteel said:
When I built my tank stand, I got my list together, and have it to a local privet owned lumber company. They pulled everything, and cut all the wood for me, all I had to do was take it home and assemble.

You will likely want something better then perfect if doing the trim and precision work of a hood. Check CL

CL is useless for fish stuff here and kijiji only marginally better. Its fine if you want a used starter kit but more advanced fish keeping is not common so it's hard to find what you need with out paying an arm and a leg.

Thanks for the tip on the lumber company though. I'll look into that. This tank is for my own personal pleasure rather than a display and for now I'm fine with something functional rather than pretty.

I have an in with my local place, they have even sat and drawn diagrams of ideas. They cut everything perfectly, and I could even bring my blue prints and they would pull and cut everything I need. Makes it all super easy to build strong durable diy anythings

Back
Top Bottom