DIY Moonlights withing Coralife

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lasek2k1

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone know how I can mount blue LED lights inside a double bulb aqualight? I have a 15 gal and I have enough equipement somewhat sticking out like a sore thumb and I though installing lights inside a coralife would be a sly way to hide them.

TIA

It'll be a bit of a pain because you don't want the LED's to block the main light, and you don't want the main light to block the LED's.

I'd say maybe epoxy them to the back of the fixture, pointing down.

Actually there is a little section where the lights don't reach which is probably enough room to put one LED light without hindering any lights. I'm not sure if one LED is enough to light the entire tank from one end.

If I epoxy them to the fixture, will I have to worry about it melting in the long run?

Oh, and will 'altering' the aqualight void any warranty on it?

as for the warranty, id always say yes. Not that all manufactueres are like this but alot will probably look for a "way out" if something goes wrong. Best bet, phone the company and ask. If they say that's fine... have them send you something in writing just to cover your end...
Sorry no help on the led situation, i plan on spending the bucks to get mine.

I'd say 1 LED per square foot of tanks size. I have 6 LED's on my 3foot long 40g breeder reef tank, and it's a little too much light.

Back
Top Bottom