DIY overflow box for a 100g TruVu.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaFeind

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I got my son a TruVu set-up off craigslist for christmas and want to use his old 20g as a sump. The tank I got him dosent have an enternal overflow and heard about a DIY overflow idea that sounds nice, but there was little details on how to do it. The way it worked was by notching (they suggested sandblasting?) the top rim of the back side of the tank and cementing an acrylic box to the back to catch the overflow and drain down to the sump. I really like this idea but Im a little lost on how I should notch the top rim. Can I just drill a bunch of small holes or would it be better drill a line of holes and then notch them up a little with a dremel?

i like the teeth better than holes, but you don't really need anything but a slight dip..like this-
tank3.jpg
displaytankwoverflowdur.png

Cool thanks Mr.X that sounds a lot easier. Kinda funny, but my sons name is Xavier and his nickname is X.

nice...i know an xavier who keeps a reef tank and he's also called X. it must be the common nick.
btw, my name is doug. this nick was from way back in 2000 for an online FPS called unreal tournament. it just kinda stuck.

Back
Top Bottom