Diy pvc overflow help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elykreefs97

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just bought my inch PVC and I want to put my overflow together but I don't have my new tank yet it might be a 30 gallon bow but idk can I still make it bc I don't know the measurements of my tank does that matter or no can I make the overflow now without the tank if so some measurements would be helpful

Elykreefs97 said:
Just bought my inch PVC and I want to put my overflow together but I don't have my new tank yet it might be a 30 gallon bow but idk can I still make it bc I don't know the measurements of my tank does that matter or no can I make the overflow now without the tank if so some measurements would be helpful

I'm building the same for my freshwater Cichlid tank. You'll definitely need to know dimensions I would think. Is the tank drilled or are you doing a hob style? If its hob you'll need to know the measurements so that you can line it up with where you want your waterline... Make sense???

Ooo yea ok it's hob style I dont want to drill a bow to much money at risk

Also what would the gph be in using inch PVC what gph pump should I use

Elykreefs97 said:
Ooo yea ok it's hob style I dont want to drill a bow to much money at risk

Also what would the gph be in using inch PVC what gph pump should I use

I'm totally in the same boat... Hooking mine up to measure gph tonight :/ my design is a lil different. I'm using 1in PVC but will be pushing twice the amount of water with a dual overflow. The formula for measuring gph is in my Malawi build thread... I could look it up for ya :)

Na that's ok I'll look it up I think inch PVC is 350 gph so then I would need a 500 gph pump

Back
Top Bottom