Diy refugium advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jacigia

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all!
I need some advise with my DIY refugium. I am planning to make a 30g refugium for my 130g tank. I also what to incorporate my 10g wet/dry into the mix. I've come up with a diagram of how I'm planning to build this thing. I think it pretty simple but I'd rather get some expert opinions from you folks here. The one thing that is really concerning me is what happens if the power goes out. I've read that properly build refugiums will not flood. How can I measure what is perfect for my set up. Any advise would be great, if anyone spot flaws im my design, please let me know, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!:D

Attachments

• untitled1.bmp
    762.9 KB · Views: 63
I think that should work. YOu just need to make sure that the overflow from the wet/dry into the fuge is at least as big as the overflow from the tank and can handle that amount of current. You'll also need to ensure that the wet/dry is elevated above the fuge.

Thanks, the wet/dry is going to be about 1ft higher then the refugium. You think that's high enough?

The way you have it drawn will work just fine. I have a similar setup for my 120, though mine is SW vs FW but the principle is the same.

I'm looking forward to seeing some pics of a FW fuge!

Awesome, I've been actually planning this for some time now. Once I get the 30gallon, I'll post pix of what I did. Thanks guys!:)

Back
Top Bottom