DIY Refugium Home Made

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kool for fuge breeding ground. Just wondering about 2 potential "issues". One, if the lil' guys is in there, seems like he'd stay well ahead of the population and deplete the pods more easily. And two, I'm worried about the lack of flow in there. Not sure about the problem, but it just looks awfully still in there.

LOL... Your the like 5th person to tell me if he was in there... No he is not in there, he is on the outside looking in... he was being nosy...LOL..... but as for flow I may take it back out and Cut a couple more holes in there If not I have a #1 Koralia that may work I would have to see about that.. But I think it may be to strong for just that little section.... :)

Looks like along with flow, circulation will be an issue. Now I'm all for DIY, but what exactly are you trying to accomplish? In a few weeks when that gets covered in algae, your not going to get much light in there except what gets in from directly over the opening. If you just want to try growing pods, pile up some rubble in the corner. The mandarin won't be able to get inside the pile to eat them.

I can but then my Six Line Wrasse will be hogging up all the Pods, But Basically it's a Temporary thing I will not have it in there for long just till I get the actual refugium plumbed with a sump on the bottom portion of the tank... Right now as for Circulation my #1 Koralia is working out great not to much flow but enough to circulate which is good.... I guess for now just trying to house Pods and grow the Micro Algae until the Fuge is ready then I'll just transfer everything to the other tank...

You know, I'm starting to think that a six line and a mandarin in a 55g just might not work. 2 big appetites. Not much rock and breeding ground for pods to stay ahead of them.

Well right now I have gotten my Mandarin to eat Mysis Shrimp right out of my hands witch is a good sign that he's eating frozen prepared foods... I will add pods to have the extra bonus for them. My six line pretty much is always eating anything I throw in the tank.( Maybe Over Time) I don't think it would be an issue. I feed once a day since I do have a few more fish than before... I also have been soaking my Mysis shrimp in Zoecon which is fatting up my Clown fish.... I would rather prefer using Selcon but I haven't had a chance to order any my LFS does not carry it.

So why is it that the goby is in the place that you want the copepods to breed? wouldn't that defeat the purpose? I would think that it would be in with the rest of the fish so that they can breed in there and not get eaten before they have a chance to.

So why is it that the goby is in the place that you want the copepods to breed? wouldn't that defeat the purpose? I would think that it would be in with the rest of the fish so that they can breed in there and not get eaten before they have a chance to.

As Previously stated in the post above about he is not inside the Fuge that would be the dumbest thing to do ever.... Duh... (y) :)

Back
Top Bottom