DIY skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishtender

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all,

Two questions:

1. I am looking for a DIY hang-on skimmer plan. I used Gordon's Idea for the fuge and it turned out great. Does anybody have something to help me?

2. I am still waiting for someone to let me know if it is OK to remove my huge leather from the base where it is connected to the rock. Or will that have dissateruos effects.

Thanks
Howard

what size tank or skimmer do you want or need?? i made one using a beckett injector and like it but learned alot and am going to redo it to make it a bit better :)
not sure on the leather but id play it safe and leave him

The problem with leaving the leather is that it is right up against the glass now and spends most of it's time bent up and over. I can't dismember my reef to remove him. I would like to frag him, and have since learned how to, the problem is getting to him.

As for the skimmer. I would like a venturi style that would accomodate my 55g reef.

Thanks for looking

From what I've read you could just cut it off as close to the rock as you can and attach it to another rock. The stump will regrow a new head also. I just did first time frag of our toadstool about a week ago and all is well and it was easier than I expected. Hope this helps:)

Back
Top Bottom