Diy sprqybar question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DannyBWell

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just finished my 75 g tank with a DIY overflow and DIY spray bar but my spray bar if the power goes out acts like a siphon how can I fix this

The spray bar needs to be above the water line to avoid siphoning. Also, if you keep it above the water line, you are aerating the water, which is exactly what is designed for.

I know it's supposed to be above the water line but the water level would have to come down and you would see the water line which i don't like the look of I saw a video of a way to stop the siphoning effect a awhile ago but can't find the video now

I think what I'm going to do is drill a hole in the top of the spray bar so air will get to it faster I heard that will work

That sounds plausible if you drill at a top bend of the bar that is out of the water.

What I did was I raised the spray bar as much as I could and now air gets in it almost instantly so it's fixed now thanks now I just got to wait for the water to clear and the tank to cycle and I can add some fish

I think what I'm going to do is drill a hole in the top of the spray bar so air will get to it faster I heard that will work

That worked for me when I had a similar setup. The hole will allow air in and this will break the siphon. A jet of water will squirt out of the hole; be sure the hole is pointed toward the water's surface. Also, make sure the hole stays clear of algae or other buildup (it may clog over time otherwise).

Back
Top Bottom