Diy stand 125

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cornishrooster

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all. New to the forum here. Building my first large tank with sump. Just wanted to show off my stand and maybe get some suggestions for design elements I haven't yet thought of.
Cheers
Mike

b7188c2037c907261224d54240d024c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what kind of wood is that . the grain of the wood is really eye catching I like it . going to really look even better once you get a finish on it . what type of finish do you have planed

is there any reason the bottom section is so shallow ,
could add a few shelves and some doors there and store all your supplies in there .

Thanks. It's birch plywood. The bottom part isn't done yet. I have the bottom braced for the 40 gallon sump but the plywood isn't on yet. Definitely doing some shelves on the right side.

Be-sure to add some finished picts when your done ,
I wish I knew about that plywood when I built mine , I used laminated wood flooring on mine ,
It's just not as eye catching as that , maybe one day I could re-skin it but that's only if I ever break down the tank.
img_3348415_0_171f69e231b7c9b179dc9c63d7b0dff3.jpg

Very cool. Looks nice. All the big box stores carry birch plywood, I prefer the look of maple but it can easily fetch twice the price of birch, when you're talking about 3/4" that can get expensive quick, for me this will the main focal point of our family room so it's worth the added cost. Definitely will post a pic when I'm done! Unfortunately the aquarium shop called and said the shipper dropped both tanks off the back of truck so I have to wait another week before I can even start. Boooo.

b55b4f54862a54d33c95e28d33875d6d.jpg

Well here's what I got so far. Tried a green stain that didn't work out so well so the boss asked me to paint it. Doors are in the shop getting painted now.

Looks good I like the black finish

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom