DIY Stand for 29 gallon long, sunderies.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

posleen103

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Made a special stand since I wanted the tank to be at eye height. Planning to set up and run the tank as a river system. Lumber used were 3 2x4's eight feet in length, 2 36x20x 3/4 inch planks and 2 1x4 8 feet in length for back stop and support bracing. Planning on the 29 gal going on top and 2 10 gallons for feeding growing, Daphnia and a RCS colony with Daphnia in them, and a sump on the bottom. Pictures are wood pre grove cutting, front view stand, back view stand and stained stand.

Attachments

• SAM_0309.jpg
    SAM_0309.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 198
  • SAM_0310.jpg
    SAM_0310.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 214
  • SAM_0312.jpg
    SAM_0312.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 196
  • SAM_0314.jpg
    SAM_0314.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 202
$43 dollars from lowes... and that counts measuring from the top and not the bottom when I ploughed my groves. This meant they weren't even. But the lumber will return as a new hood.

Hey I just got a 55 gallon. Don't feel like spending 130$ for a stand, how do you make one and how much do you think?Thanks

I have seen tank stands that have cinder blocks as the main part of the stand. They cover it and it is cheap. It really looks nice to me. If you google Diy aquarium stand you might find it.

from, Adam

Dylan what tools do you have available, what space will it go in, and what shape or look do you want? Also what are your 55 gallons dimensions. With just a framed set of 2x4s you could probably make a stand cheaper then mine, 75% of the cost are those 2 3/4 inch planks which would never hold the 500lbs of a 55 gallon.

Space isn't a big issue. I have some good room. For the look, go to the DIY section sscroll down until you see that 32 gallon tank stand thread. I love that design and color.! And if it isn't possible to make that your tank stand also looks nice. I also have my dad's big tool box items so there's a chance I have what I need to make it.

Just googled it. I am going to do this at my friends house with the help of his dad. He has all these items.

chop saw or a mitre saw as iam canadian but thats great that he is willing to help just remember to pay attention and soak in the knowledge then next time you can just borrow the tools lol

Good to here that someone will help ya. Try drawing some pictures or getting photos of the stand you want. That will help you explain the build and will avoid any confusion. Oh and offer to pay if he/you uses any of his material including sandpaper/lumber/screws. If it’s not a big deal he will turn it down but he will think it very nice that you offered. :)

ryan-peddle said:
chop saw or a mitre saw as iam canadian but thats great that he is willing to help just remember to pay attention and soak in the knowledge then next time you can just borrow the tools lol

Yeah that's what I'm hoping! :)

Darwin said:
Good to here that someone will help ya. Try drawing some pictures or getting photos of the stand you want. That will help you explain the build and will avoid any confusion. Oh and offer to pay if he/you uses any of his material including sandpaper/lumber/screws. If it’s not a big deal he will turn it down but he will think it very nice that you offered. :)

Yes that's what I plan to do. His son and I have been very close friends since we were little. I even have a toothbrush at his house! ;)

And finished up.
The bottom tank is where I grow brine shrimp.

Attachments

• 101_0568.jpg
    101_0568.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 101_0569.jpg
    101_0569.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 101_0570.jpg
    101_0570.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 101_0575.jpg
    101_0575.jpg