Diy stand for 30 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That would look very nice, you should build a matching canopy as well. It will give it an amazing look

I'm thinking a hanging canopy I don't know how that would look though. I still haven't bought the tank I'll be putting on the stand because I'm waiting on my tax return to buy the tank and a 120 watt dimmable led

I'm thinking a hanging canopy I don't know how that would look though. I still haven't bought the tank I'll be putting on the stand because I'm waiting on my tax return to buy the tank and a 120 watt dimmable led
Hmmm you can get the led and build around it and suspend the canopy to where it sits in the tank but doesn't put weight on it. That way your tank gets all the light and it doesn't bleed into your room the tank is in

Hmmm you can get the led and build around it and suspend the canopy to where it sits in the tank but doesn't put weight on it. That way your tank gets all the light and it doesn't bleed into your room the tank is in

I'm worried about the spread of light though. The led is only 16" wide. Maybe if I built the canopy 5-6" tall and made a harness for the led to sit in so it was flush with the top piece then suspended the canopy?

I'm worried about the spread of light though. The led is only 16" wide. Maybe if I built the canopy 5-6" tall and made a harness for the led to sit in so it was flush with the top piece then suspended the canopy?

Yeah that's kinda what I was saying but my words never seem to come out right! That's what I'm planning as well

Yea and considering the tank has a black background it would match

That's true. You could go for a black semi gloss so it doesn't shine brighter then the tank! When I do mine I'm just gonna go for a poly over the plain wood for a nice sealed natural look.

Finally started the stain. 2 more coats should do it. It's -27 outside so I was really excited to see the stain didn't freeze. Excuse my messy garage.

Put the 3rd coat of stain on and I'm not super impressed. Can I get a second opinion?

Back
Top Bottom