DIY Stand for multiple Fish tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vundercoverdog

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello, I've been looking to build my own stand to house my bettas :rolleyes: After thinking about it. I finally asked my friend with all the tools to help me out and this is so far what we have:

Attachments

• Tank Stand.jpg
    Tank Stand.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 577
Nice build. The craftsmanship is clearly very good.

From an engineering aspect though, won't there be three tanks worth of weight held by the 8 screws?

Similiar to this

The dimensions of the stand are 38"X16"X36"
I used 2X4's and 2.5inch screws

If anyone is experienced with building, what do you think the maximum weight for the shelves would be. My friend said it could easily hold 400lbs but would that weight distribute easily?

I plan to make it similar looking to this:

pPETS-15582887dt.jpg

with (2) 5.5 gal tanks on top, side by side. (1) 2.5 gallon on the middle shelf to the left, and (1) 2.5 gallon tank on the bottom to the right.

Well I'm not really sure about that part. What else would the tanks be held by, other than screws? What would you suggest?

Nice build. The craftsmanship is clearly very good.

From an engineering aspect though, won't there be three tanks worth of weight held by the 8 screws?

I do see what your talking about. I see the shelves are only sustained by the screws. How should I add extra support? Should I cut more 2X4 to put in between the openings, like this?

Tank Stand.jpg

Back
Top Bottom