DIY stand for the 150

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Atrax3

Aquarium Advice Newbie
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430309562.850752.jpg I just strengthened my stand. Added centre braces and a top and bottom.
My only issue is that the FX5 will not go through the gap!! Looks nice next to it! Not

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Change one middle brace to be at an angle? Diagonal braces are good for another eason - perfectly rectangular braces are not very resistant to side forces (think some young kid running into it full blast and pushing it sideways at the bottom of the tank). That's not an issue if you plywood the sides of course.

Or just remove one side brace -- hard to tell from the small image but it looks plenty strong (though are the side braces resting on, or nailed into the corner posts -- nailed into is not great and I'd be leery of removing a side brace then).

Nailed in plus the tank is on it now!! It has a front to back brace on top under the wood. Having the filter on the side will make it easier to maintain, plus will give me more room underneath for co2 bottle etc.

Nailed in plus the tank is on it now!! It has a front to back brace on top under the wood. Having the filter on the side will make it easier to maintain, plus will give me more room underneath for co2 bottle etc.

Sounds like it worked out exactly as planned, then. :brows:

For me yes, the wife maybe not

Back
Top Bottom