DIY Sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jrod9686

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Made my own 2x4 stand for my 55g... fits perfect however, I neglected to measure inside the stand for my sump.
Due to a brace in the stand usable space is only 9 inches front to back... Any ideas on a low profile sump/refugium?

Yeah huge mistake... I did something similar. Way back on one one of my 55gallon freshwater tanks, I built a sump out of a 29 gallon tank, thinking that it would fit. Well I got it all done, went to put it under the stand, and to my amazement, I realized it was too big to fit.

So I have a sump that doesn't work, never did try to fix it. What I ended up doing it taking apart one of my old 40 gallon breeders (that had cracked) when I was using it for my Chinese Water Dragon.

I'm going to have the Local Hardware store cut the glass for me, (I have the tools, but I want it to be perfectly straight) because they have an awesome slide type tool for cutting glass and plastic.

My measurements will end up being 24 long, 14 tall, 10 wide. It ends up being 14 gallons full, even if I don't fill it all the way, it should be enough room. If you have any old tanks you don't use, that's always an option. Or redesign your stand.

Sorry for your bad luck, but just know, it happens to other people too ;)

Hahaha thanks! I decided to cut a 3x4 stain it and attach it.... Close enough for government work lol

Back
Top Bottom