Diy tank AND sump!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So... What should I do next? I don't see any problems with it, but what would be a cool upgrade? I have a lot of eggcrate, and spare time lol. Doesn't have to be eggcrate though.

My next plan is a hang on fuge it will be pretty cool I think. And the reason I'm doing hang on is because then I don't have to buy another light. I have plenty of overflow light from my fixture

nice! i dont think i need that at the moment though. i just made a brine shrimp hatchery out of a masonry jar. i might turn it into a phyto plankton jar instead though, whichever is cheaper probably.

LOL yeah its an expensive hobby! I want a blue mandarin I know I already have a good size pod population cuz nothing eats them but I want it to go through the roof before I get one because that's pretty much all mandarin eat. So it can't just be a good population now I have to sustain it

thats the right way to think! and ya way too expensive, but things are getting cheaper through the years. just to let you know, i have a scooter blenny, which is much like the mandarin and has the same reqs. I have leaned it on to mysis shrimp. it wasnt that hard and it would be a good idea to buy one that already eats prepared. but just in case he decides to go on strike, its always great to have a good supply of pods. i personally like the green mandarin the most, along with the red scooter blenny, i have the regular scooter though

I'd rather be over prepared than under prepared! Oh geesh and get this my elegance coral ate my ranfordi goby last night LOL that sucks but I guess that's life in the ocean lol

Fishy Aston said:
Bob The Builder :)

?? LOL yeah he was half hanging out! **** corals LOL atleast the $180 coral ate the $30 fish and not the other way around lol well... what are you going to do I guess... its a coral eat fish ocean. I mean it must have been an easy kill the fish was only 1" long and the coral when open is 6" across it must have just stung it and the latched on

yep. thats why im so worried to get an anemone or anything. my params are always stable enough, but im just worried that it will kill something or get caught in my powerhead somehow. a maxxi carpet would be pretty cool

If you get one just be careful when you feed it. My fish guy had one and he was feeding it by hand and it closed up on his hand and he had to go to the er to get it removed and get treated for the sting! Nems aren't bad I have a gba and it doesn't bother anything. It just sits in its spot and doesn't move. It havsnt since after the fist 2 days. It finds its spot and stays there

ya, ive heard theyre dangerous with their sting. im really contemplating it now.. ill probably make a thread about it

Keep the vids coming really nice setup too I'm subed to your YouTube I'm FOB101ful and I just set my tank up like a month ago and does anybody know how well a DIY PVC overflow works. Thanks you can check it out on my channel

Thanks! I'll definitely check out your channel. I don't know how they work, but there are a lot of them on YouTube. It uses a siphon to get the water out. I would really think about getting an external overflow instead, like CPR or eshopps.

Money problem there unfortunately. If I could u would. I have enough trouble trying to buy a 30 dollar pump and a 179 dollar lighting system

What I would do is save until you are able to buy the good stuff.. If you already started, know that you can have a really pretty system thats simple. A sump isn't mandatory, just nice. You can thrive with weekly waterchanges. I'm a person who loves DIY and anything to save a few bucks, but you need to splurge on some things. I would check YouTube for vids on a PVC overflow but you might find its cheaper to go a different route, not sure.

Ya I'm actually am saving up my money for my lighting. It's like 180 bucks for it.

Back
Top Bottom