Does this seem good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Visionist

Aquarium Advice Freak
Built my cinderblock stand and everything seems to be level after some shimming. Does everything look good to you guys?
Blocks were stacked using pl premium construction adhesive.

Sent from my LG G2 using Aquarium Advice mobile app.

Attachments

• 1397412784593.jpg
    1397412784593.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 96
As long as you've taken into consideration what floor that is on, the weight of the block, and what's going in the tank, it may be good or it may fall thru to the floor below. Just something to think about. Otherwise I'd say it looks good.

As long as you've taken into consideration what floor that is on, the weight of the block, and what's going in the tank, it may be good or it may fall thru to the floor below. Just something to think about. Otherwise I'd say it looks good.

I would say Im good on that front considering the tank is on the bottom floor of the house with concrete below the carpet :p

I would say Im good on that front considering the tank is on the bottom floor of the house with concrete below the carpet :p

Lol !!! Nuff said ??. Fill it, cycle it, and keep us posted !! ??. Btw, looks like a 75 ??

Looks more like a 55g. It does look solid, just don't hit the sides or lean on it and your good! Did you cement or at least silicone the blocks together? It sure would help me sleep better knowing you've done that!

Looks more like a 55g. It does look solid, just don't hit the sides or lean on it and your good! Did you cement or at least silicone the blocks together? It sure would help me sleep better knowing you've done that!

After looking back at the pic, and knowing my eyes are very deceptive at times, I'd say you're right on. Basing on the fact that cinder blocks are about 16" wide.

I used construction cement to help hold them in place. That combined with the 600lb tank should hold them still :)

After looking back at the pic, and knowing my eyes are very deceptive at times, I'd say you're right on. Basing on the fact that cinder blocks are about 16" wide.
Yup its a 50g with a 55g footprint(just a few inches shorter i height)

I hate to see you bump into it in middle of the night causing a domino effect with a splash N crash

also where are floor joists and what direction do they run

Back
Top Bottom