Enclosing metal stand and custon electrical work.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NoNitrates

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is the extra stand i have for my next tank project. It's the rectangular tubing model I got at Petco or Petsmart a few years ago. There are 4 switches. One is for the interior light and the other 3 control select outlets for heaters, filters, and air pump(s). I had much of the supplies in the garage already. This weekend I will cut the side pieces, paint it black, and finish assembling.

Nice job with this. I like the interior light; it's a handy feature especially when you are looking for something (in the dark). I keep my power strips inside my cabinet and use a night light plugged into one available outlets.

It's closer to being finished, but has turned out to be more work than I thought. But it will be worth it. looking forward to the custom electrical work. Switch heaters, filters, and air pumps on and off independently without having to unplug anything.

If you are going to enclose custom electrical work on a metal frame i would ensure you have a really good cut off switch on the powerboard you use in case water ever gets to it. ensure there is also a loop of chord hanging below where the chords connect to the board so water can run down to the bottom of the loop if it gets on the chord and not directly down to the plugs. Safety first.

It's closer to being finished, but has turned out to be more work than I thought. But it will be worth it. looking forward to the custom electrical work. Switch heaters, filters, and air pumps on and off independently without having to unplug anything.

How's the electrical work going? I know it's a little late in the game, but for individual switches for each socket there's DJ power strips
img_2728546_0_96cb4fdb7eb03f8fd59321eb92b340c5.jpg

Amazon.com: American Dj Pc-100A Rack Mount Power Switcher: Musical Instruments

They're not GFCI so you have to either use a GFCI wall outlet, they're easy to wire in, or they have GFCI plug ins.

Back
Top Bottom