End Caps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sudz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi Guys

So I wanted to just drop in a new ballast into my T5 fixture to make it T5HO.

Turns out its a piece of... carp and the "ballasts" that are in it are just heat shrunk and look like a death trap. The proper Epson T5HO Ballast I bought won't fit into my existing enclosure.

So I made a new one.

My question is... How do you affix, wire, end caps? are they everything I need to attach the lights to the ballast?

Here's what I'm looking at buying.

What else do I need? I will recycle the reflector from my current one, I have the ballast, switches, and the wiring from the ballast.

heres the end caps.

T5 Water Proof Fluorescent Double End Cap (Each)

Thanks for your info!

it'll be going into a wooden box I made for it - Plywood, Glued and nailed together. Will be painting it gloss black with tremclad.

I dont have T5`s. I do use end caps on VHO`s which are T 12`s. The wire just goes into the caps and something holds it down in there. The picture will help you to see.

100_0972.JPG

So How would I mount it if I want it suspended in my box? is there mounting clips for the end caps? those look like they're just resting on top of your tank?

sudz said:
So How would I mount it if I want it suspended in my box? is there mounting clips for the end caps? those look like they're just resting on top of your tank?

Mine had a screw in the bottom if the clips

Back
Top Bottom