Fish bowl use

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmarine

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I wasn't sure where to put this thread, but i have some old fish bowls sitting around, and I was wondering what could I do with them? I feel like I could do something interesting and don't want them to just go to waste. Give me some ideas/advice!

Would a shrimp tank work? Any coldwater fish i could put in there?

I imagine if you used a bubbler to keep things moving it would, and probably not without a filter of some sort.

No, not in a bowl. Add a little heater, a little light, and some plants, and you could have a nice shrimp bowl.

The 1g would probably be good for a few shrimp but I'd be hesitant to use to 1/2g. It would make a nice mini terrarium IMO.

Hmm ok. Why not that size? Would it work if i put a filter on it? It has a flat back, so i can.

IMO its just too small and it would be hard to keep the water conditions stable. I mean you could definitely try but it wouldn't be able to house much.

Hmm ok. Thats very true. Would it help to put live plants in it? Or is it just definitely too small?

Live plants always help! :) Look into walstad bowls.

Haha gotcha. I just want to put it to use and get something that moves ;). I figure if i could breed/raise shrimp in it, it wouldn't go to waste!
So do you think i could do it if I had a small filter, heater, and live plants?

Back
Top Bottom