Fish Room underway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JRcichlids

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi guys,

starting to get some tanks together for a small fishroom/breeding room i will most proberly run all tanks off a 14-way airpump and individual heaters as it gets cold here in little england lol ..

i have a couple breeding pairs of angelfish but im not too sure what i should breed .

maybe cichlids like mbuna - victorians or tropheus or peacocks .

what do people buy most of ? i will have to think about this i think . what do you guys think?

Fry rack now built . will contain 9 fry tanks just need the rest of the tanks and filter ect..
will post pics over the weekend .

a breeding variety is good but talk to the fish stores around u and see what they want also

I built a fish room years ago, it is being upgraded to a fish house. I found most shops only give you tokens not hard currency. Maybe I bred the wrong fish. :facepalm: I usually swapped my fry for more fish or pots of food. I think that is how it goes in the UK.
It was a lot of fun seeing the little babies, seemingly come from nowhere, and learning the different methods for some of the different species. I got some great fish for nothing, and the ones I already had ate well. I used some fry to feed my bichir, this was how I weeded out the runts. If you're going large scale I think you may need a big boot or a piscivore. Every new shoal has a runt or two. Shops do not like receiving feeder fish as part of the deal.

You used way too many cinder blocks. 600 pounds can be held up by a single cinder block with ease. Cinder blocks can hold anywhere from 1000 to 5000 psi...depending on the materials used to make them, so I would shoot for 2500 psi to be safe. That means each inch of the block will hold 2500 pounds. Collectively, it's strong enough to hold up a school bus.
Also, 2 x 4's are much stronger when placed up on their smaller edge. Go to glass holes.com They have videos on how to drill tanks. Very easy. I suggest hooking all tanks to a single sump, so you can do water changes on all tanks at one time.
Look into breeding salt water clown fish. They are easy to breed, and if you can get your hands on some designer ones, they can sell for upwards of a couple hundred dollars a piece.

Back
Top Bottom