fish tank trim

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gwillbo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i would like to trim the top of my tank to cover about 30mm of the glass and to rise above the tank about 10mm so i can notch it of for the cable cause i don't want to cut the actually hood, just wondering if anyone else had done this sort of thing, cause don't know what materials etc to use
any input would help

Hi. Try using coloured Perspex (Plexiglass) you can find it on ebay. it will be easy to cut and can be fixed to the tank with Silicone sealant. good luck.

Pete

Something like my 75g?

35d2e7b.jpg

WOW!! now that's a tank and a half, Droool!!

you could even use a piece of Mahogany Gwillbo lol!!.

Pete

thats cheap pine trim stained to look nice LOL, I ripped it off because I am making a new stand for it and the trim wont go with it, gonna look like a 4' built in TV when the stand is done, 2 piece, free standing but it will look as if its a built in unit in the end.

if it was me i would use pine cause its very forgiving and can be stained any color you chose to look like hardwood and its easy to notch out for anything some hardwoods wont take certain color stains

Back
Top Bottom