Fishroom with central sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tjd2006

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi Guys,

I want to make a simple guppy breeding rack. I would like some sort of set up with either plastic containers or 10 gallon tanks.

I really need help with understanding how to build a central filter. Googling a lot of this I find so many different ideas it is all confusing.

I know I want one central filter/sump (yes I understand the possibility for disease, etc but will use a QT for any new fish)

Does anyone have any advice on drilling a type of bulkhead on each tank or some sort of overflow? What type of pump to use?

With further thought. I would like to drill bulkheads into 10 gals or at least try... on the sides. Then flexible tubing to PVC drain pipe that leads to the sump. I am still lost on how to make a PVC or some sort of manifold for return water from the return pump.

Running an overflow for baby fish is very risky. Most babies get sucked up by the filters average keepers use. Breeders use sponge filters driven by air. I love sumps , build them and use them but not on my breeding tanks.
BRS has videos and drill bits ;
https://aquarium.bulkreefsupply.com...CeZM4wTFyAXM&method=and&isort=score&view=grid

They have a video in the link.
The $per gallon sale is soon[ right after Christmas ] so go get those 10g for a good price .:dance:

Back
Top Bottom