force feeding a skilter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rennocneb

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi i was in a saltwater store the other night and saw a 110 gallon reef setup using a skilter for protein skimming. It was the skilter 250 and it was being force fed by a submersible pump instead of its own motor. The tank was beutifal and the skilter was silent and looked to be collecting very good skimmate. I have done the wodden airstone mod to my skilter and it helped the skimming ability but now im wondering about trying this after seeing his excellent results. Im also thinking about trying to build a surface skimmer for the pump to draw from. Any thoughts?

Hey, everyone here will tell you that their are so many ways to treat you tank, accessorize it with filters, Skimmers & UV sterilizers, but it shouldn't have to be that difficult.

Here is what I have in my 150g tank and aside from a slight Ich Outbreak before the chiller was purchase, I have fish in the tank now for over 3 years.

Here is whats in my tank as accessories:
2-Ehiem 2217 Filter
Inside each 2 Chemi Pure bags, 1/2 lbs Ammonia Remover media, 1-White fine pads & 1-Blue Coarse pad.
1-25 Watt UV Sterilizer
1-Natulalis TE Skimmer in the Sump of the Wet/Dry
1-Maxi-Reef 300 Wet/Dry Filter with Bio Balls
1-1/4 HP Chiller
2-Titanium Heaters in case in fails.

As you see I try to have extra filtration in case others fail when I not home & I only purchased the chiller since my tank use to fluctuate in temp. a lot. If you keep thing simple, you will enjoy your hobby more since less money is being allocated to it.

:p

Back
Top Bottom