Frag tank diy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishfan321

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am going to buy a 10 gallon tank to be used as a frag tank. It will have eggcrate as the rack. I will be supporting it with PVC tubing and superglue. It will have a t5 ho lighting and a regular HOB filter with rubble. Does anyone know where to find eggcrate? What do you think of the idea? Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

from, Adam

Lighting section of Home depot. How are you going to filter the thing? Plumb it into the DT?

At first I was thinking of doing that but instead I think the hob w/ lr rubble and maybe a protein skimmer. Not really sure though

from, Adam

Im in the process of setting up my frag tank now. Im using a 20 gallon high with a T5 HO 24Wx4 light, 2 250gph powerheads, biocube protein skimmer, and a heater. Im running a open top but with eggcrate in place. I'm also using a diy auto top off. I just finished up my eggcrate frag rack as well.

Attachments

• frag rack.JPG
    frag rack.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 14,348
Im in the process of setting up my frag tank now. Im using a 20 gallon high with a T5 HO 24Wx4 light, 2 250gph powerheads, biocube protein skimmer, and a heater. Im running a open top but with eggcrate in place. I'm also using a diy auto top off. I just finished up my eggcrate frag rack as well.
I like the rack you did a great job on it. What type of frags are you planning to doing?

It does look nice. Where did you buy eggcrate? Not many places in my area have it. Is it called something else?

from, Adam

Alright I checked a few local ones but they didnt have it. I'll check other places thanks

from, Adam

Quick question whats the purpose of the shelves? I'm guessing for easier control of water flow and lighting?

Badfishofbabylon said:
Quick question whats the purpose of the shelves? I'm guessing for easier control of water flow and lighting?

Lighting is one, organization is another, and it is easier to group and grow. Mine will probably not be multiple shelves connected, but instead a rack that is on one side at the same height and another at a different height.

from, Adam

Back
Top Bottom