free 55g diy journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea I like it too. And it's good to see what works and what doesn't. When I bought my first 55g it was pretty rough and I gave up on it and bought a new one because I couldn't find a good DIY guide lol. I'm already watching this and wanting to look for cheap 55 or more on craigslist lol

Yup that's all it is is just baking soda and just barley enough water to soak it it doesn't take much water.

I had a tank like that before. I placed kitchen cloths around the top, pour neat vinegar onto them and just kept them wet(with vinegar) and after 24hrs, I use a paint scrapper, the razor blade ones. ALL the gunk came off, even the cloudy stuff.
Also a friend(!!) used a bathroom limescale remover called Cillit Bang. Turned the tank upside down, sprayed the area with the cillit bang, waited 5 mins and every spec of gunk came right off. He then used a garden hose and gave it a really good rinse... He had that tank until very recently and had NO issues from using the product....

I want it gone lol. If I can't get it all I'm going to paint a white border on the outside of the tank. I'd rather get it all off because painting the bottom trim white then painting a trim line around the top defeats the purpace of doing a rimless conversion and might as well just order a new trim set...

You use the paste to scrub with the baking acts like a pumace.

I want it gone lol. If I can't get it all I'm going to paint a white border on the outside of the tank. I'd rather get it all off because painting the bottom trim white then painting a trim line around the top defeats the purpace of doing a rimless conversion and might as well just order a new trim set...

You use the paste to scrub with the baking acts like a pumace.
Try the vinegar and cloth method. Leave overnight, trust me, it will work!!!!

Not trying to hijack but can you guys take a look at me Thread " how much would you pay for this?" Have some questions about a tank I just bought on Craig'slist for 17$

Vinegar is AWESOME too! Hey try vinegar and baking soda .. See what happens lol! ;-) Sorry I couldn't resist! It's actually pretty cool when you throw a balloon in the mix. (Yes my son recently had a science project lol) How'd you make out with the white ring of frustration?

The last pics I posted are where I'm at I am gonna try the soaked rags in vinegar trick next. The baking soda paste did help a lot though.

The last pics I posted are where I'm at I am gonna try the soaked rags in vinegar trick next. The baking soda paste did help a lot though.
Yeah the soda paste is great but the vinegar rags will soften the rest and a glass scrapper will take it off.....

cool thanks ill try that this weekend after i get paid next im gonna take it up to my local glass and mirror place and talk to there glass cutter about what would work best for bracing. once i get them in and dried ill be posting some new pics of it.

Back
Top Bottom