Glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rubigonz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am building a 715 gallon (inner diameter measurements). I am going with a plywood build. Possibly with side view. For the front glass I need a 96"x36"x1". Does anyone know where I can get this glass? This town sucks for selection and customer service. I am in southwest Arizona. Any recommendations are appreciated.

hello, i used to deliever windows, you can call up alside windows theyve got shops across the nation idk if any in arizona but you can give them a call and see what they have ive delivered 10-12 foot windows all one piece

no problem there is also ply gem windows and you can also just hop online and search for local window/ glass companies see what they have

I found an alside business here. Gonna have to call them Monday. Hopefully they come through. I wanna finish this and have it up and running by the Mayweather vs Canelo fight probably gonna have a bunch of people over.

Please share pictures of this tank. Would love to see a plywood build that large. Good luck finding the glass for it.

For sure I pulled my plans off a forum so I hope even though the measurements are different that I can produce what the original builder made. And of course if successful to have others to feel free to use and ask questions. Big fish need big tanks. I'm all about it.

I got one quote. They couldn't get me 1". So for 8'x3'x3/4" they want $2325.00. And that is with me going to pick it up 3 hours away. Seems kind of high.

I never called them but online they didn't show what I needed. Gonna try them now. Thanks!

Well I called and it sounded like they had it. She said the shipping cost would kill me. Before I got a price they hung up on me I think by accident.

They are pretty strange to talk to...I'll say that. I ordered 2 tanks from them, both of which I am pleased with, but their communication skills are lacking, to say the least. They are at least half price of everyone else though, and they know it.
That said, you may want to consider acrylic. All of the public aquariums use it. It's strong and clearer than regular glass if kept in good shape. It's also a lot lighter.

Well according to their chart for 3/4" glass. I would pay $768. With 1" idk but I am sure with shipping it is less than the $2325 that they are asking for 3/4" in Phoenix.

No. Alsides said they didn't have it. This was bestglass outta Phoenix. Still waiting on a local guy. The other glass shop doesn't go thicker than 3/8".

Back
Top Bottom