Glue Acrylic to Glass?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

r95rdstr

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm using a 40 long for my sump/fuge, and need to glue acrylic baffles inside of it. What's the best stuff to affix acrylic to glass?

acrylic is hard to get to stick to glass. I suggest using glass as it is probably just as cheap. Your local Lowes or HD, will cut thin glass for picture frames for next to nothing. Then just use silicon. The 40 Long is probably the best tank ever designed; for your use and display as it is long and shallow thus easier to light. I'd use it as another display... :wink:

100% silicone would be just fine. make absolutely certain that it's 100% silicone and not the kitchen/bathroom kind that has the mold and mildew retardant chemicals. if you need any more info, just say so..i've done quite a bit of work with the stuff...

i'm with mr burns!

I've used silicone many times. i'm actually in the the process of making a sump/refugium now, its 55gal 1/2 sump 1/2 fuge.

check out my gallery, it's still in the ealy stages

HTH

MARK

Thanks for all of the replies. Mr Burns and ohio reefer, we're neighbors. I'm in Dayton.

i live a little bit west of cincinnati near harrison. it's not exactly the 7th layer of hell like my profile suggests.....

it's about the 5th layer at the very most :lol: the university of cincinnati is the true 7th layer of hell :twisted:

let me know when you guys get your aquarium up and running maybe we can trade live sand or frags or something

:p

mark

I'm going to run FOWLR, but I may take you up on the LS offer. I'll probably have some Southdown leftover after I get set up.

Here's the Cincy Reef Forum, a good source for local frag swapping:

www.cincyreef.com

These guys are mostly from up north, but host frag swaps in Columbus sometimes:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ohio-Marine-Keepers/

These Cincy guys are mostly into Cichlids, but often sell tanks and stuff in their for sale forum:

www.gcas.org

i don't do SW...yet. maybe when i finally settle down (read: "have a lot of money") :roll: my cousin's husband owns the montfort heights aquarium shop on the westside and they have some great SW tanks set up. house of tropics may have a larger in-store SW display, but through montfort heights, i can order just about anything i'm willing to pay for and have it flown in. it's a pretty sweet deal, not to mention the family discount, inside trade secrets, and the trust i have in their fish being it excellent health 8)

Back
Top Bottom