Good timer for lighting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I have the dual coralife and it is on time every day.. pretty much down to the exact minute. And it also separately controls whites and actinics.. the lunar light sockets activate when the actinics go off.

To each their own I guess. Or, you got a faulty timer. I got one and sent it back because it didn't keep the correct time. Second time was a charm.

I paid 3 bucks for my brinks timer. No screen to mess up, no extra functions to confuse, no battery time to re charge... just a timer, but its impossible to mess up :)

hippy guy said:
I paid 3 bucks for my brinks timer. No screen to mess up, no extra functions to confuse, no battery time to re charge... just a timer, but its impossible to mess up :)

All those things you mentioned are good things lol

That's what I'm saying. It only has 2 on and 2 off switches on the dial, but, you can get more online and do them on and off every 30 min. If you really wanted too haha...
Brinks is a good brand, and the dial is rear facing (twords the wall) just plug it in, plug a power strip to it and bam, your set. (It says it has built in surge protector, so could go straight to lights

I don't quite follow this single timer thought you all are running on; That coralife timer you can get for $30. . .

For 3 light scenarious (Halide, Actinic, Blue led) you need 3 timers with 2 outlets each (I have 2 sets of lights) and a power strip.

Say you buy a power strip with surge for $10, and 3 timers for $5 each thats $25 right there. For $30 you get the full package in coralife.

Am I misunderstanding something?

If one thing goes wrong its all toast, if one thing goes wrong with mine, its 5 bucks for a brand new one..
I only use mine for lights, but I'm getting another for my air stone.
Sure its not a digi screen, and doesn't have all the functions, but there's not many parts to them, and they make cheaper ones even (like 3.50) for an on off once a day kinda set up. Not the best, but incredibly reliable from what I've experienced.
Here's what mine looks like

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110807_140553.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110807_140553.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 102
  • ForumRunner_20110807_140651.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110807_140651.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 93
Mine has a surge too and it warrenties equipment attached up to 15000$ with 8 outlets that can be set individually and a battery back up for 20$ I couldn't ask for more that's my rant but to each his own

Yeah, Ryan, what's the brand and product name? I really need one of these lol looks like they didn't have any at target.

Back
Top Bottom