Great stuff foam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reaper216

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is it safe to use in a freshwater aquarium??

I want to make a natural looking rock ledge across my tank, with a couple of caves in it about 4" tall and I've seen mixed emotions on google searches.

Any other relatively inexpenisve ideas are also welcome!

Is it safe to use in a freshwater aquarium??

I want to make a natural looking rock ledge across my tank, with a couple of caves in it about 4" tall and I've seen mixed emotions on google searches.

Any other relatively inexpenisve ideas are also welcome!

GS works great, either the gaps and cracks or the other one. Gaps and cracks tends to puff a LOT more so the other one is usually better for small DIY's. I coat mine in Drylok http://www.drylok.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/latexcan.jpg

You can use 100% acrylic paint ($2 from walmart) to mix into the drylok and paint the "rock" the colors you want.

Let your GS dry for 24 hours, carve it, shape it how you want it. Coat in pretty thick layer of drylok but just so that it gets good into the nooks and crannies. Wait 24 hours. Add paint to drylok and paint it. I usually put 2-3 layers of the drylok on waiting for each layer to dry before I put the colored drylok on.

great stuff also has a pond & stone product, it's black, cost a little under twice as much as the regular stuff.

Thats amazing!! I just want to make a cave or something, lol, how long did that take you? And what is step one?

Back
Top Bottom