Hallelujah for Krylon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LHotelUmbraQua

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Happy to discover Krylon tonight. My new Marineland Bio-Wheel Penguin Power Filter arrived, looking as ugly as a hunk of plastic could possibly look.

Now I just have to decide -- Do I paint it matte white, gloss white, blue, or Jungle Green? I may also seal the submerged part.

I'll also paint the black top and bottom rims of my Aqueon 29 gallon tank.

I should add that Krylon got back to me and could not vouch for its safety "in" aquariums. I am double checking my sources who confirm it is as safe as any food rated product, but as I remember, Krylon could not do the extensive testing so are playing it safe.

Depends on what the rest of the room looks like. White would be neutral and would look very clean (If you keep it clean haha)

I should add that Krylon got back to me and could not vouch for its safety "in" aquariums. I am double checking my sources who confirm it is as safe as any food rated product, but as I remember, Krylon could not do the extensive testing so are playing it safe.

Depends on what the rest of the room looks like. White would be neutral and would look very clean (If you keep it clean haha)

Yeah, it sucks but pretty much anything flakes off eventually. If it were me I'd just build something or use plants to cover the part of the filter that sits in the water. You're probably fine to paint the outside tho. Makes me wish that there were more accessible (and not tacky) ways to decorate. Finding an interesting sculpture or model that isn't painted or finished with anything is next to impossible.

Back
Top Bottom