Help with cf1200 noise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquarama

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had my aqua one cf1200 for a few months now and ever since i bought it (second hand) it has been very noisy. it makes this loud humming almost droning noise. reading through other forum posts it has been mensioned sevral times that they are supposed to be whisper quiet. Are they really whisper quiet and mine is broken or are they usually noisy??
If mine is faulty what can i do to fix the problem? thank you

Depends on the exact nature of the noise .... if it is a 60 Hz hum, it is from the electronics/coils & the only thing you can do is to isolate it so it won't be transmitted as much. (eg placing the pump on a piece of foam, use flexible pipes, enclosing the sump, etc)

If it is more mechanical .... then I would suggest cleaning out the impeller. I had a used Magnum that must have gotten sand in it at some point, and there are grooves worn into the impeller magnet & the housing, so the thing rattles a bit & make noise. You might improve things by cleaning &/or replacing the impeller. But if the housing is really worn, there is not much you can do.

thank you. i have cleaned impellor but that didnt make a difference so next ill replace it.

Back
Top Bottom