The main 40 gallon tank is currently housing a 5 inch Peacock Mantis Shrimp. By attaching another aquarium to the main, I'm hoping to at least keep a couple small fish. Maybe a small Clown Goby and a Sexy shrimp. I have 40Lbs of LS
and about 20Lbs of LR
in the main tank. I'm planning on adding 10lbs of LS
and 10lbs of LR
in the 10 gallon. I have a new HOB
Aquaclear 70 on the main and a Marineland Penguin 150 for the smaller tank.
Here are my questions:
1) What should the flowrate be for the powerhead in the 10 gallon tank?
2) Do i have enough filtration for the 2 tanks?
3) If the powerhead fails, will anything die?
4) Anyone done anything similar with positive results?
5) Any suggestions on improvements?