Holiday Light blue (moon) lights?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am considering using blue holiday lights for a moon light in my tank... how would I do this? Do I put the lights inside the hood, or under the water? Please explain what I would need to do. Also wouldn't a strip of them be too long for my tank? (My tank is ten gallons)

Well you dont put them underwater.....especially if ac. But the smallest i could find was 100 bulbs and that was too much wires for my 55 gallon. I would do ccfl from a computer store imho.

You can also find "tape" LEDs that come in a strip... You peel off the back and just stick them to the bottom of your fixture. I added these to one of my fixtures and it worked like a champ... All for less than $20.

Thanks so much for all the ideas. :) now I have to wait until holiday lights are for sale... :)

fort384 said:
You can also find "tape" LEDs that come in a strip... You peel off the back and just stick them to the bottom of your fixture. I added these to one of my fixtures and it worked like a champ... All for less than $20.

Where did you find the tape LEDs?

Go to a parts store and buy a strip of blue led lights the got to radio shack and buy a power inverter from 120 AC to 12 DC and it works get that's what I did

Some random LED supply website is where I got mine. Just google LEDs. There are dozens, if not hundreds, of suppliers.

Back
Top Bottom