Home made filters.... How to???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PJ_fishkeeper

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was wondering if anybody who reads this makes their own filters, or filter media?? I have made one filter my self same concept of a submerged box filter, only I made it out of a bottle.
Any way I am just looking for different idea's for filters or filter media.

If your wondering I have my home made bottle filter running a 5 gallon tank. It seems to work very well with the media I use.

Hello P...

Why do you need a filter? The reason I ask is, I have this large tank and in place of the mechanical filter, I use a large airstone to aerate the water and lava rock to house the beneficial bacteria. I just change most of the water frequently to keep the fish healthy.

B

I was wondering if anybody who reads this makes their own filters, or filter media?? I have made one filter my self same concept of a submerged box filter, only I made it out of a bottle.
Any way I am just looking for different idea's for filters or filter media.

If your wondering I have my home made bottle filter running a 5 gallon tank. It seems to work very well with the media I use.
Check out "the king of diy" on YouTube. He has a ton of DIY filter videos.

Yes I have heard about that working just fine once the tank is established. So I do have a question about that then, so do I put my air stone under my lava rock so the air can flow through it or just do the usual thing with my air stone and lava rock???

Yes I have heard about that working just fine once the tank is established. So I do have a question about that then, so do I put my air stone under my lava rock so the air can flow through it or just do the usual thing with my air stone and lava rock???

Back
Top Bottom