Home remedies for Hard WATER stains?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AdamsAquarium

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone have any good remedies for Hard water stains? How do you get your tank clean of them?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

One thing that works good for hard water stains is baking soda, water and a lot of elbow grease. Some thing else for large buildup, is to try to let the area soak with white vinegar.
Good luck :)

White wine vinegar, and time. Just soak a paper towel in it and let it sit on the stain a while, rub occasionally.

If the stains are IN the tank above the water line, you can use vinegar but don't get much into the tank. Be sure then it's white vinegar without additives. Small (a few milliliters in a 50 gallon tank) will do no harm, might drop the PH a point or so, but it will come back. It is commonly used for just that purpose (dropping PH) and is safe for fish so long as it is a small enough quantity to make little change. Vinegar in the tank is much more safe than almost any other glass cleaner.

Yep plain "white" vinegar. The stuff that's $3 a gallon or less (made from corn. "White wine" vinegar is made from wine and is unnecessarily expensive).

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Back
Top Bottom