Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 05-10-2017, 03:22 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: York, PA
Posts: 41
Hose locks??

Does anyone know where to get threaded hose locks for the 1" ribbed hosing supplied with the Fluval FX6? I'm looking for the type where you insert the hose then tighten down with a nut lock, but can't seem to find them. Any help would be most appreciated!!
__________________

__________________
Beamesmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:32 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator
 
Autumnsky's Avatar



POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern Colorado, USA
Posts: 14,899
Like one might find on a car radiator hose? Auto parts store?? Radiator clamp, there is a pinch open and a hex/flathead screw down.

If you mean a factory part, call fluval or check their parts website.
Replacement Parts | Fluval | Innovative and reliable aquatic products for your home
__________________

__________________
FW & SW
Favorite tank right now - 12G Edge nano fish

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:58 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: York, PA
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Like one might find on a car radiator hose? Auto parts store?? Radiator clamp, there is a pinch open and a hex/flathead screw down.

If you mean a factory part, call fluval or check their parts website.
Replacement Parts | Fluval | Innovative and reliable aquatic products for your home


It's not a pinch and fit, radiator clamp type of thing, and it's not a Fluval part. It is a contraption whereby you insert the hose and then tighten the connection by turning a large nut that the hose is sticking into... almost like a compression fitting for an airline, but made for plastic hose.

I saw it on a YouTube video, but can no longer find said video! It's driving me nutz!!!
__________________
Beamesmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:16 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Caliban07's Avatar


 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 5,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamesmar View Post
It's not a pinch and fit, radiator clamp type of thing, and it's not a Fluval part. It is a contraption whereby you insert the hose and then tighten the connection by turning a large nut that the hose is sticking into... almost like a compression fitting for an airline, but made for plastic hose.

I saw it on a YouTube video, but can no longer find said video! It's driving me nutz!!!

JBL canister filters use them. If they are the same size you may get away with ordering some for the JBL e1501 canister.
__________________
Caliban07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:33 PM   #5
Macro Addict
 
54seaweed's Avatar



POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 7,808
hardware stores some know them as shark bites , they have 3 types 1 for pvc 1 for copper
1 for rubber tubing
I love those things have many uses
__________________
Save
54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:39 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: York, PA
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by 54seaweed View Post
hardware stores some know them as shark bites , they have 3 types 1 for pvc 1 for copper
1 for rubber tubing
I love those things have many uses


I've never seen shark bites for 1" ribbed hose. Do they make it? I don't want a permanent connection. It must be detachable.
__________________
Beamesmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:11 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 2
Search on ebay for "butterfly hose clamp"
__________________
shoeyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 11:04 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: York, PA
Posts: 41
Totally not butterfly clamps
__________________
Beamesmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 04:15 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Caliban07's Avatar


 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 5,690
You mean like these.

http://www.swelluk.com/eheim-single-...FUeZGwoduOgA4g
__________________

__________________
Caliban07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hose

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Metal hose clamps vs. plastic OEM hose clamps bradleyheathhays Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 2 09-11-2014 04:54 PM
Fish tank locks? ryorgason Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 15 07-06-2004 11:53 AM
Simple Hose Question Reefatarian DIY Projects 3 01-16-2004 08:51 AM
Python Hose Kit Question Absinthena Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 21 11-04-2003 11:41 PM
What do you guys use on the end of your return hose. copester Saltwater Reef Aquaria 3 12-23-2002 08:24 AM







» Photo Contest Winners







All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.