How can I repair this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Matman1110

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is my glass canopy cover for my tank. Can i use something to piece this back together?

Attachments

• Broken glass canopy.jpg
    Broken glass canopy.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 145
I would replace the whole thing with a new piece of glass (pretty cheap from a glass shop) or get a larger piece of acryclic and cut it yourself.

That's the thing that goes under the light right? I'd say replace it...the glass is pretty rough too..

you can save the hinge and reuse it, iv done that on a few glass tops. mite even be able to cut the handel off and put it on the new glass with some 3m two sided foam tape(find at walmart of a hardware store, or even autozone) its used to hold the badges on your car, like the f-series or the 1500 badges on pickup truck fenders

Because of the nature of the break, you could silicone it back together, but it would not be as good as a new piece of glass.

or duck-tape

Really? :nono:

You also don't want to use plexiglass. If you use a thin piece, the heat from your light will warp it. If you go too thick, your light will be worthless.

Go to a glass store and get a piece cut is a good idea but probably not the cheapest.

Or, got to a LFS and get a new one. I have many spare parts from replacing glass canopies, never know when you'll need a new hinge since they do wear out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom