How to attach?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hbright

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am partiall done with the canopy I am building but I;m nor sure how to attach the lights. I bought a retro-kit with 2 175W mh and 2 110W VHO. Everything is prewired, as it is a plug-n-play kit, but how should I attach the reflector with the bulbs to the top of the canopy? Do they just sit directly on the wood???

I have attached my PC reflectors directly to the wood and even though PC bulbs are not near as hot as MH they still will warm up the wood on the top of the canopy.

The last canopy I wired up I put some spacers between the reflectors and the wood surface. If you do this so their is an airspace between the two and then put a fan blowing across this space it shoudl help keep everything nice and cool.

I attached my reflectors directly to the wood also...I would put spacers in the case of MH because of the rise in heat. I have seen them scorch wood...

My vho's (4x110) get pretty hot, they slightly warped the canopy lid from the heat. If I were to do it over, I'd put the spacers and fan in as ffreek sugested. I think i may retrofit a fan into my canopy soon, but there is no room left for spacers.

Back
Top Bottom