I need to make a 46g bowfront hood/top

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TexasTech

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought my tank from my neighbor and it did not have a hood. Just a single bulb light that covers maybe 15% of the top of the tank. I cant find a hood for sale. The tap water here is very hard and I know evaporation makes that worse. Soo... Does anyone know where I could buy a bow front hood.... Or even better (since I am broke) what can i use to cut out or form a lid for my bow front tank. It does not need to be pretty just effective.

Petland sells them... or if you are handy 1/4 plexi, dremel/hack saw blade, and plastic hinges. Dont use 1/8 there too then and will warp/crack ez

Oh I see. I was going to advise based on the style. Sorry. Have ou hit ebay or any of the classifieds on the forums like this? There are a bunch. You could always post a wanted thread.

Thats my tank and stand on the 46g bow.. Thats the stand for it.. Usually in this color or all black.. But if its black i believe the 2 poles on the stand are chrome or silver

Attachments

• image-1072045862.jpg
    image-1072045862.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 254
I have looked all over the internet. I cannot find a 46g bow front hood anywhere. I will try the wanted thread. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom