I see the Light, MH Ballasts installed and fired up (pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

InfernoST

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi Gang
I finally received the MH ballasts today and installed them, here are some pics of the fixture in action.

Ballasts Installed
img_1015644_0_5a1ba3b83df236c20ccc64dc9d466754.jpg

img_1015644_1_ee63d47b259e62334897884e1ccc452f.jpg

Front shot
img_1015644_2_d313342e9e0a5473b7ed09c304b548d2.jpg

T5HO on Only
img_1015644_3_280060399bfc866fab35fcc189440d68.jpg

250 Watt MH's on Only (Phoenix 14K Bulbs)
img_1015644_4_ddceba1748cde46bc364f9140ac9cd8b.jpg

Both T5HO and MH's ON
img_1015644_5_36a40d88ef1d056db928143d140ad1a4.jpg

Hopefully this should allow me to keep some reef stuff, anemones and corals etc.:BIG: You know what's really cool is you can sea the surface ripple in the tank.

wow awesome setup. Those MH's are gonna make your tank look AWESOME with the shimmering effect that they have from the surface of the water rippling. Nice install too.

wow awesome setup. Those MH's are gonna make your tank look AWESOME with the shimmering effect that they have from the surface of the water rippling. Nice install too.
Thanks Linksyz, I'm monitoring it to see how high the temp in the tank goes, Then I'll see if I need to add the fans.

Hopefully this should allow me to keep some reef stuff, anemones and corals etc.:BIG: You know what's really cool is you can sea the surface ripple in the tank.

lol, you should be able to have everythingthat you want to get! well, lighting-wise that is!

With all of the lights on it increased 2 degrees to 81 in a 2hr period, Tonight was the first time they were on because I got the ballasts today after a month of waiting I am running 2 400 watt heaters but they haven't turned on in a while, they will be needed for the winter.

That tank looks awesome Inferno. You are definitely setting the example for what to do in setting up a saltwater tank! Following your threads about setting up this tank, you have done everything right and the results show! Very beautiful tank!!!!

That tank looks awesome Inferno. You are definitely setting the example for what to do in setting up a saltwater tank! Following your threads about setting up this tank, you have done everything right and the results show! Very beautiful tank!!!!
Thanks spoonman. I have the members to thank for it, without their advice and support I don't think I would of even started.
So when are you coming over to the dark side? Don't worry I already forgot about the EHEIM thing!:onfire:LOL. BTW how is the filstar working out?

Keith, its lookin great. BTW, yesterday when I went to the LFS, I saw ballasts that are made for the BioCubes and hmmm, it got me thinking because of you and I think Im going to get them......heehee

Keith, its lookin great. BTW, yesterday when I went to the LFS, I saw ballasts that are made for the BioCubes and hmmm, it got me thinking because of you and I think Im going to get them......heehee
Thanks dude, Today I'm working from home and am going to monitor how much heat they throw off and the effects on the tank temp. They do get really hot, I only ran them for 2 hrs last night so today should be a good test. Oh yeah the diatoms just disappeared and the tang is going to town on what's remaining, I could watch him all day.

Thanks dude, Today I'm working from home and am going to monitor how much heat they throw off and the effects on the tank temp. They do get really hot, I only ran them for 2 hrs last night so today should be a good test. Oh yeah the diatoms just disappeared and the tang is going to town on what's remaining, I could watch him all day.

LOL, thats great. I wish I could work from home sometimes so that I could stare at my tank all day!

Thanks spoonman. I have the members to thank for it, without their advice and support I don't think I would of even started.
So when are you coming over to the dark side? Don't worry I already forgot about the EHEIM thing!:onfire:LOL. BTW how is the filstar working out?

With those lights I dont think you can call it the dark side....LOL. The filter seems to be working out great so far. I have it running with my HOB right now until the bacteria builds up in the canister. Still undecided whether I will ditch the HOB or leave it running with just floss in it to polish the water. The water definitely is crystal clear right now.

With those lights I dont think you can call it the dark side....LOL. The filter seems to be working out great so far. I have it running with my HOB right now until the bacteria builds up in the canister. Still undecided whether I will ditch the HOB or leave it running with just floss in it to polish the water. The water definitely is crystal clear right now.
LOL. Cool I'm glad to hear the new filter is working great. You could always keep your HOB running in case you have to set up a QT.

Back
Top Bottom