In-tank "sign"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

00youknowit00

Aquarium Advice Addict
So long story short my girlfriend of 2+ yrs has a tank in her room. Its a 5gallon pico reef. Prom is coming up and want to put a little sign in there saying "Prom?" To ask her.

I want to use this little thing:

ForumRunner_20130326_083311.jpg

Make a sign like this (bad drawing haha):

ForumRunner_20130326_083538.jpg

And attach the sign to the back.
ForumRunner_20130326_083324.jpg

I assume I can use hot glue to attach the sign, or even cyanoacrylate. My real question is how to make the sign part so its safe to be in the tank. I'm open for any ideas!

Thanks!

You could probably laminate the piece of paper

If you feel like being creative, get some sculpey clay and make the sign completely out of that then bake it. It will then be safe for putting in an aquarium. Although I think the lamination and Popsicle stick would work.

That's possibly the cutest way to ask someone to prom I've ever seen. Great idea!

If you feel like being creative, get some sculpey clay and make the sign completely out of that then bake it. It will then be safe for putting in an aquarium. Although I think the lamination and Popsicle stick would work.

That's possibly the cutest way to ask someone to prom I've ever seen. Great idea!

Hmm, that's a possibility too!

And thanks! :)

So just to make sure, popsicle sticks and hotglue are safe to go in the tank right? Haha, just dont wanna affect my babies:)

Planing on laminating, using a popsicle stick for the post, and hotgluing it to the ornament.

that looks great! she's got to be impressed. have a safe and fun night at the prom. :)

I once dressed as a gorilla on valentines day and brought my girl roses funny part was she worked at the IRS
thought I was getting locked up for sure but everyone thought it was cool lol

Back
Top Bottom