Is there any way to completely hide the equipment on a large tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

venymae

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm looking to do a 120 gallon in between the livingroom and dining room area, so all four sides would be exposed for viewing. I enjoy the minimalist set ups for goldfish like this and this but because the tank will not be against a wall, and you will be able to view it from all four sides, I need a way to hide the filtration equipment (overflow, intake, airline, etc.) anybody know of a way to do this? Or is it an impossible task? The lights will be suspended from and wired into the ceiling. :eyes:

edit: I've only ever used HOB or done walstead style tanks, so this is a new area for me! Also, this will be housing 3-5 Thai Ryukin Goldfish or Pearlscale Goldfish, so I would need lots of filtration.

Yes, a sump. But you would have to do it a very special way I think to completely conceal it. You would have to drill the bottom of the tank and cabinet to run the water lines. It would be kinda risky IMO, but I THINK it can be done. Otherwise you have to use an overflow.

Most definitely a sump drill the bottom of tank and add pipe to the bulkhead you can even hide this by cutting up and painting a plastic bucket

A sump would be the best bet. Maybe drill the middle of the bottom and build up a rock feature around the pipes? I'm not sure about tempered glass bottoms in that size of aquarium though.

Back
Top Bottom