Is this stand possible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Electrobes

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone, I have a slight issue. I want to make a stand that houses my 29 gallon refugium for my 45G tall tank. The only problem is that the garf pages have wood columns in the center if the canopy... and I am not sure if my refugium tank will be able to slide in.... anyone know what I should do or if there is a stand that can be built without the two colums in the center? thanks!

Is this over the center of the top or the bottom? You can do without the center columns for the top. If you do without the center columns for the bottom then up the size of lumber that the tank will be sitting on so it ban better span the distance to the corner legs.

you can also try and make the openings of the stand tall enough so that you can put the fuge tank in on its side, then lay it down once in.

Thanks everyone but I found a solution. The present "ghetto" stand that I have can very easily be modified to match my canopy. Its actually a semi- skeleton of the one I want to build, except for a few minor changes. Thanks again!

BTW, I had to remove the center brace on my stand, insert my sump, and reattach the brace.

Back
Top Bottom