just set up my first DIY system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
aah co2
couldn't see ur diag. but yea had success with one...
not that it's any use on a 120 gal, but i tried it anyway..
bubbled within an hour

Went through your whole album,

so you saw all of my personal pictures! 8O

:lol: lol, they are mostly just of my aquarium and plants and cats, but i added the DIY CO2 pic on, for some reason it got deleted :roll: anyway, you should be able to see it now.

AshleyNicole said:
Went through your whole album,

so you saw all of my personal pictures! 8O

Yep....all 10 million cat pictures, Wyatt, Tabitha, and the twins. :wink:

:lol: lol, they are mostly just of my aquarium and plants, but i added the DIY CO2 pic on, for some reason it got deleted :roll: anyway, you should be able to see it now.

I see it. so you went with a bell diffusor....why not a forced reactor or a ladder diffusor? Got something to secure that CO2 bottle (I am assuming a pop bottle?)?

Yep....all 10 million cat pictures, Wyatt, Tabitha, and the twins.
10 million cat pictures? i do not have a problem... i do not have a problem... i do not have a problem... :lol:

I used a gatoraid bottle actually and i left the bottom on and just buried it in the gravel, its sitting in the corner of my tank. Its working pretty good. Whats a latter diffuser or forced diffuser? I am a visual person so i would have to see a pic if i was going to make one. As you can tell im new at this, i just used stuff from around the house, i didn't even have to buy anything.

AshleyNicole said:
I used a gatoraid bottle actually and i left the bottom on and just buried it in the gravel,

Sorry, I meant as the primary reactor...where the CO2 is made.

Whats a latter diffuser or forced diffuser? I am a visual person so i would have to see a pic if i was going to make one. As you can tell im new at this, i just used stuff from around the house, i didn't even have to buy anything.

Um, rather than attempt to describe one, or draw a diagram....

http://www.qsl.net/w2wdx/aquaria/diyco2.html

yes, the primary CO2 reactor is a Mountain Dew bottle.
I think the ladder and forced diffuser looks to difficult to "build"
one day i will buy a CO2 system, but this way i can have it now and see how it really works. Im hoping to see an improvement in my plants.

AshleyNicole said:
I think the ladder and forced diffuser looks to difficult to "build"

The ladder one would be, but you can buy those....the forced diffusor is actually quite cheap and easy. Personally, I like the Amano diffusors, but they are impossible to find over here.

aah, my seal around where the tube goes into the lid of the bottle wasn't good enough, its leaking (i only used super glue) I think im gonna go buy some caulk today...

A CO2 reactor will allow the DIY CO2 to work better, dissolve more CO2 into your water.. not to be confused with the CO2 generator(s) wich it were the mix goes to create the CO2.. and a reactor can also be used to make a purchased system more efficient; you have to purchase reactors separately unless you get one of those big expensive package deals, broad generalization I know..LOL..

Back
Top Bottom